Hurricane Harvey Needs
Hurricane Harvey has left a wide path of destruction and devastation across south Texas. Many homes were flooded and some still have water in them. So many families are hurting. The storm is over, but the work is just beginning. We are currently forming teams to help in the recovery process and will email you with complete details as requests come in. If you are willing to serve, please go to the volunteer section. Our goal at Fisher's of Men is to continue to provide relief by assisting those in need in our area in their recovery process from this disaster.
How can you help?
Refer someone you know in need. Do you know someone whose home flooded, who lost a little or a lot? Submit their name and information so we can put a call out for help for them.
- Gift Cards are a great way to help. Gift cards to Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Amazon, etc. Gift Cards will go directly to submitted families with needs.
- Volunteer As recovery and rebuilding efforts begin there will be a need for hundreds of volunteers. We will coordinate and assist volunteer recovery teams. Click the link below “Provide Help.”
- Pray You can be a part of the ongoing prayer support for those in danger, those who have suffered loss, those who are displaced and all those involved in saving lives and meeting needs.
- Read each submitted families featured needs Look at their needs. You may leave a gift card at the church for them. You may also click on a link within their story to an offered store and have items shipped straight to them. Each families needs may be different.
TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE FOR A PERSON OR FAMILY
TO VOLUNTEER - Are you a Super Hero? Boy do we need you!!!!!!!!!
As recovery and rebuilding efforts begin there will be a need for many of volunteers ages middle school through adult. As requests for Assistance come in we will contact those who have submitted willingness to volunteer forms. We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Home recovery Team (Demo, cleanup, repair)
- Food/Meal Team
- Childcare Team
- Assistance by willing souls with a truck or trailer to pick up and deliver donated furniture, supplies and other items
- Assistance by willing soul with a truck or trailer to pick up supplies in Tomball from Heart of Texas, LCMS Emergency Distribution Center.
- Assistance locating needed donation items
- Care callers willing to call effected families to check on them, listen, get status updates on individual recovery efforts, needs and prayers.
- Crafty folks willing to make up care packages for Lady Fishers to provide necessities for individual families.
- Caring individuals or groups who would be willing to host a shower, i.e. kitchen shower, bathroom shower, bedding, etc with their friends. Another idea would be if it is your birthday instead of birthday presents ask your guest to bring such items or even gift cards so these items may be purchased. Always check out the "CURRENT HOT NEEDS SECTION" at the bottom of the page.
Housing Team ( rooms, homes, RVs available for volunteers)
Become a Host Family
In the near future Fisher's of Men will serve as a host church for volunteer groups coordinated through Concordia. These volunteer groups will come in to help with the ongoing recovery efforts. We will need host families to house these volunteers for a weekend or maybe even a week. If God leads you to become one of these host families please Click below to fill our the form and submit.
List of Helpful Informational Resources For Those Affected by Hurricane Harvey
FAMILIES IN NEED ARE LISTED BELOW (Click on button to see needs)
DONATIONS: Gift Cards/Supplies
Gift cards are encouraged as they are a great way to help and easy for us to transport and get them directly into the hands of families in need. Larger needs should be coordinated for delivery through (713) 530-3828. To see a list of current needs please click the learn more button below. Donation needs will be updated as needs arise. Please use the Grants Lake covered entrance of the church to drop off donations with the on-duty donation volunteer Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am - 12:00 noon. If times other than those listed are needed please call the church directed to arrange at (281) 242-7711. Gently used items will be accepted as long as they are clean and in good conditions. Only new, non-expired and unopened non-perishable food items and baby formulas will be accepted. Please check back with the website frequently for updates.